Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Knowledge is Power

“The more I know the less I understand.” It may have been Socrates who first coined that phrase, although it sounds an awful lot like Yogi Berra, but it is how I often feel living in the always changing landscape of education.  Just when I think I have it figured out, I realize that I don’t. In a strange way that is what I like about my job; it’s constantly changing and requires you to continually learn and grow to achieve success.
A key to being successful is staying on top of the latest trends, but it is also about being aware of areas that you need to improve in. In order to know you have to ask. I would like to get feedback from members of our school community on a number of different areas to help me to grow and improve how we do things at West Genesee Middle School. If you read my blog you know that I routinely talk about continuous improvement. Your feedback and voice is an important part of that process.
I would appreciate your input and honesty. Please click on the link below to take the brief survey.  I do not shy away from negative feedback, but rather, I see it as an opportunity for growth. So please, be honest.

Click here to take survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HVLCCRT



Backstage at the Talent Show
 March has been a blast at WGMS! Students have been involved in two Olweus Classroom meetings, several amazing band, orchestra and chorus concerts, the Optimist Speech Contest, our WGMS Talent Show, guest speakers in different classes, and tremendous opportunities in classrooms that challenge and stretch our students. Spring Break is just what everyone needs as we gear up for the home stretch.

Pre-concert jam

Collaboration in Math
















Mr. Sweeney facilitating learning in Health.


Thank you for your continued involvement in our school community and for your support of our students and staff.

Continued Success,
Steve Dunham